Saturday, September 4, 2010

Textured Skinny


I recently joined a swap called "It's all about texture". This was one of my favorite swaps. My daughter saw me working on it and wanted to help. It gave me a great opportunity to teach her how to make fabric beads from muslin. She had a blast, and I loved watching her. I think we'll always remember the night we made fabric beads together. I stamped the glossy cardstock with resist ink then sectioned it off and blotted each section with different colors. I wrapped a pipe cleaner with fibers and glued that down. I used the beads my daughter and I made. There was paper towel under the fabric when we dyed it and the paper towel looked so cool I used some of that too. I also used some clear microbeads and the face in the upper corner is polymer clay. This is one that I almost don't want to give away. I just hope the receiver likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment